The first thing on my mind was to find material to make the extension. A short trip to the local big box hardware store and I found that they only had 4 foot long sections of angle iron at $30 a pop! There was no way that this was viable for me since the size and price were nowhere near what I needed.
The answer came when I went to our City's recycling center, to dump the remains of the box we tore off the trailer when we got it, bed frames. I managed to get six angle iron bed sides for a wopping $15! It was the right length and the price was more than adequate.
The next step required cutting the pieces to the proper length with an angle grinder, thanks Bob for the tool loan, drilled some holes, got some nuts, bolts, lock washers and put the whole mess together. It seems to hold up pretty well as my slave monkey is demonstrating below.
Money spent and made comes out presently at $127 out of pocket. Keep posted as we will get the thing back on its wheels real soon so we can get some wood on it.